Communicating with communications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mndvr132

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a member of a PSD team that just got wireless communications. My question is how do you "use" the system. We are 14 members with about half civilians and half law enforcement and EMS. I am from the law enforcement side. Obviously about half of us are use to using two way comm. I guess my question is simply this. Do you use names or numbers when talking to each other and tenders? How would a "typical" conversation go, between diver to diver and diver to base? Thanks.

Colors work well. Red Tender for Red Diver. Blue Tender for Blue Diver.

Then you can use “Breaker Breaker 1-9. Any truckers is the pond?” :wink:

Gary D.

Here are a couple of things that might help to hold down the confusion. You might try color coding your search lines or even having a color coded mat that the tender stands on. You could also try having color coded vests, wrist bands or hats for the tenders.

Hey Dumb Butt why are you calling Red Diver? You're standing on a blue mat with a blue marked search line. :D

Gary D.

A small piece of colored tape in the mask where the diver can see it would also be a good idea. The tenders don't hold the monopoly on weak brain cells. :D

A small piece of colored tape in the mask where the diver can see it would also be a good idea. The tenders don't hold the monopoly on weak brain cells. :D

:rofl3::rofl3: Very true, sometimes they are the weaker sex! :rofl3::rofl3:

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom