Comments on Viking Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlbanyDiver

Reaction score
I have just taken a dry suit class and am looking to get a new dry suit. I am considering the Viking Pro 1000. I was wondering if anyone had any comments, good or bad about this suit and Viking suits in general. My reasons for considering this suit are that it is very durable, easy to service and appears to be very high quality.

I have no personal experience with Viking suits, but they seem pretty decent if you can find one that fits you well.

BTW, I'm in Albany too.. want to go for a dive sometime just let me know :wink:

My understanding is that you must fit one of the several stock sizes that corresponds to their molds. No customization and not alot of variation.

Without a good fit it will not be a good suit to dive. You may be lucky (average build).

If not, check into one of the top quality tri-laminates available in many stock sizes and custom fit available: DUI, Diving Concepts, Whites, etc.

Good luck, and happy dry diving,

theskull

AlbanyDiver:
I have just taken a dry suit class and am looking to get a new dry suit. I am considering the Viking Pro 1000. I was wondering if anyone had any comments, good or bad about this suit and Viking suits in general. My reasons for considering this suit are that it is very durable, easy to service and appears to be very high quality.
Many hazmat divers use these suits because the vulcanized rubber is easy to wash off after a dive. With one of these suits, you can live the dream of diving in those amazing sewers. I can't think of a suit that is easier to repair at short notice. All you need is a bicycle inner tube repair kit and you can puncture it to your heart's content and be ready to dive again minutes later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom