Comments on DR Nitek Trio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruiser24

Contributor
Reaction score
hi,

wld like to hear some comments/feedbacks from existing dr nitek trio users on your experience with this dc.

what were the things you liked or disliked about it? has it been reliable?

how does it compare to say the suuntos or uwatecs?

many thanks

I used the Duo's for years. Until I needed tri-mix and CCR capabilities it had all the features I needed. The Trio is a refresh of the Duo, the guts are made by Sieko, the profiles it generates are very similar to SUUTNO's, my buddies that use them and I would dive all day and then compare what we got for NDL's. Generally very close, on the third and fourth dives of the day the Duo's would get you out a few minutes faster and give you a little more NDL time. I had one fail a drop test of 2 meters, I'm not sure that most dive computers would survive. If you want a multi-gas switching computer it's very good value for the money.

I had the Duo and now the Trio. Been with the DR computers for around 15 years. Like it very much, but be aware, when the battery gets low, it does all kinds of crazy stuff, which coincidentally, does not necessarily include giving the low battery icon.

If you have it, for $200 (not a big jump in price) I would go with the New Nitek Q! Played with one at DEMA and is bright, easy to read, intuitive and upgradeable. They are suppose to be in any day now.

CO8000-2.jpg

Dive Rite Nitek Q

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom