Coming Soon to the BHB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I the only one who wondered if this was leading up to a fight after school on the playground...?

:boxing:

Am I the only one who wondered if this was leading up to a fight after school on the playground...?

:boxing:

No way....I am dead serious. I think the real problem is that my writing style and his are getting in the way of communication.
I believe we can have a good conversation, and find common ground. I do not want to waste time on flame wars...A lot of you know me, and know that if I am saying this here, then that is my agenda.

As if any of us would have any confidence in YOU as a boater or as a diver?

I am not certain that all the disagreement is waranted on all things. Internet discussions are terrible for certain types of personalities, because they don't convey the real message...Face to face does...Can you imagine doing your most important business meetings on a discussion board? I can't, and the same subjects would not convey the same way....if it is important, face to face just gets the message clearer, easier, and usually friendlier.

If we were to meet some time, maybe after a boat dive or a BHB dive next weekend, my promise is that I would be on much better behavior than on SB :) and that my agenda would be to find more common ground, so we don't have to keep having huge flame wars...Maybe you enjoy them....right now, I think we have enough big issues to deal with, that I would rather have you on the same page with most of us, rather than against us. A meeting might give this a shot.

In my mind I just can't escape the image of Lucy pulling the football away as Charlie Brown runs to kick it.

I am going to decline your offer.

In my mind I just can't escape the image of Lucy pulling the football away as Charlie Brown runs to kick it.

I am going to decline your offer.
Reckdiver, you have every right to feel that way from the escalated tones on some of the past posts we have both made.... I respect your right to refuse, and with the exception of this response, I will not be harping on this again.

We have both been dealing with important issues in the last few months. If I had it to do over, I can think of better directions I could have used, in responding to you. I also think the first bad direction, was more about me having slighted Fort Lauderdale diving...something I did, and in retrospect, my doing that was not useful in any way..and I regret it. That exchange may have set the stage, and from then on, it seemed like your posts and my posts were always at opposite sides of a heated spectrum.

There are certain things we would agree on about the Blue Heron Bridge diving area. WE will both agree that existing laws have to be followed. Each of us has "editorialized" beyond this, to create a desired response. Without an audience, this editorializing does not really play.

I know you care about the rights of citizens and divers in the state. I am sure you also have concerns about the health of the reefs and other marine resources of south Florida.
This is the area to find common ground in, and to find a way not to be constantly pissing each other off. Why waste the time?

I will still spearfish, even though I mostly shoot video now. I still have an Ultimate double barrel 60 inch gun by Pat Frain, and a carbon fiber Cressi long gun from Itally. I am not a tree hugger, but I do care about the sustainability of the marine resources off of Palm Beach and the entire South Florida coast. I see the real evils as sewage from cities with agricultural and lawn runoff , as well as the big commerical fishing operations that can strip tons of fish off a reef in a single evening. I see the Sportfish guys as allies with the Dive Industry, in the important agendas.

I have no problem with collecting in most areas of South Florida. I see BHB as a Petting Zoo that does not have all the protection of a real Petting Zoo, but it needs this desparately, and it needs to go through several baby steps to get this kind of protection. I think the mindset of everyone now, is a big part of where this will go.
There was a time when no parks of any kind existed, and people had to gain a common sense of the necessity for this, long before it actually began happening.

In any event, keep my offer open....If you ever decide you think the issues are important enough to warrant a discussion between us, I will make time.

So you still have your over under Ultimate. I've still got my Oil Rig. Loved those guns.
Still love the double barrel ( over/under)....Of course, you have to carry it around like a NATO ASSAULT RIFLE :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom