Comfo-bite, comfobite, comfo bite, comfot bite......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked one of these up on Amazon (comfort bite). While I found this be nice and soft, it was just too soft to be used with my HOG regulator. Could someone tell me if there is indeed a difference between the comfobite mouth pieces? This thing kept trying to collapse and squirt from between my lips if I didn't keep a firm grip with my teeth. TIA.

Mitch

I picked one of these up on Amazon (comfort bite). While I found this be nice and soft, it was just too soft to be used with my HOG regulator. Could someone tell me if there is indeed a difference between the comfobite mouth pieces? This thing kept trying to collapse and squirt from between my lips if I didn't keep a firm grip with my teeth. TIA.

Mitch

It seems there are a number of mouthpieces that use similar names to that of Aqualung and Apeks and there is really no comparison with the real thing. The imitators are way too soft and as you say squirt out from between your lips. I have to pay about $25.00 each in Canada to get the original but I would not trade it for any other mouthpiece.

Last edited:
IIRC I bought some Apeks comfobites on ebay (new) for <$10 each; look for the logo on the top side

There is a difference with the Aqualung Comfobite.

Or pick up a JAX mouldable mouthpiece- they're pretty sweet.... and of course there are a few imposters to be found as well! Normally around the $15-$20 mark and they last really well. (+1000 dives for mine)

I gone tried out bunch of different mouthpieces, the the original Apeks version is my favorite. It comes in 2 different designs: one with a "bridge" spanning between bite wings, and one without the bridge. I like both, but prefer the bridge. One caveat; some people can start to gag when using the "bridge" version, because the bridge somehow irritates their palate. If that is concern, you should decide whether the "bridged" version is a good idea for the regulator you will be donating to an OOA diver.

Thanks for the input peeps. I've ordered one of the "apeks" models. It's coming from the UK, I don't like the clear so I went that route. LOL

Go to Divegearexpress.com or Leisurepro.com and look at their selection of mouth pieces........Between them they carry almost all the varieties....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom