Comal river dive Sat Feb 06- advice ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navychop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After all the rains, does anybody have recommendations on a good location for this weekend or vis reports.

Any help greatly appreciated

In the recent past we had a diver report poor viz (compared to normal) at the Comal even a few days after heavy rains. I remember the report saying they were going to wait a few more days before going back. Maybe check through the Dive Reports thread to see if you can find the report. I haven't been there since January 1st, so I can't give you a recent report.

Why not check out the river conditions via webcam? I have three cameras linked on my web site, http: //scubadale.webs.com/

It's been raining in San Antonio (New Braunfels) for a week and only stopped last night. This weekend is definitely not the ideal time to hit the Comal. Maybe next weekend.

Here's a nifty link for you. Shows the flow rate of the Comal River. Best flow was in early Jan.

We went, we dove, we left. 26 minutes was enough. Vis measured in inches. The only time I saw one or two FEET is when my buddy's fins were in my face. We saw two other sets of divers in the water. The good news- the water was 70 degrees.

The best time to dive the Comal is during tubing seasons; just remember you will be drifting along upside down, and at night if you want to see all of the criters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom