Coltri (Totem-air) MCH 6 ET won't fill 300 bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ottoangel

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Totem-Air MCH6: http://www.totem-air.com/product_detail.asp?catid=3&pos=2&subcatid=7
I recevied a new safety valve because the old one started to release at 280 bar. It looks like this: https://www.nuvair.com/store/media/...525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/-/6-05-015-2-330.jpg
It is marked with 330 bar but when I tried it it released at around 340-350 bar and with a sudden burst for the most times. The old on slowly opened and released air. Suddenly the compressor won't fill to 300 bar. I made 3 videos showing it. I haven't tried it more after that because I am worried if there is a problem. In the first it fills almot 300 but for each try it fills less and less. The bottle is closed.

What tanks have a fill limit of higher than 235 bar? None in Australia that I know of, so what is the problem?

All my tanks are 10 or 12 liters 300 bar. So the problem is that all off a sudden the compressor will not fill to the pressure it is supposed to (300 bar).

can't watch the videos right now, but what is it doing when it "stops filling"? Is the compressor shutting off? bleed valve blowing? what's it doing?

If the compressor is shutting off automatically before it gets up there then your pressure switch is probably bad

it has to be going somewhere. Check the safety valve, it likely didn't seat itself back properly *which is not all that uncommon with the cheap ones like that*. You won't hear it over the noise of the compressor but I bet you can feel it

When I turn the compressor off there is no leak. It should be some sound at least for a second I think. See the videos.

When I turn the compressor off there is no leak. It should be some sound at least for a second I think. See the videos.

yes, but the relief will seal near instantly. run it again and put your had near the relief valve if it is not near a moving part, or spray it with soapy solution to check for the leak

yes, but the relief will seal near instantly. run it again and put your had near the relief valve if it is not near a moving part, or spray it with soapy solution to check for the leak
I will try that tomorrow.

Nothing leaks. I guess it cant be the transmisson belt?
So there is something some problem with stage 3 or 4?

Back
Top Bottom