Coltri MCH13 troubleshoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

absaav

Contributor
Reaction score
Symptom: after start up, builds pressure to 1300 psi then a loud sputtering sound without rpm loss, followed by periodic loud "popping sound" like a gunshot. I then immediately turn off. It is reproducible Seems to come for 2nd stage but uncertain.
Electrical 3 phase w autostart, autodrain, no interstage gauges.
Recent valve overhaul on all stages.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips?

Thanks

Wondering if If the 3rd stage intake valve is faulty, causing the 2nd stage to overheat, 2nd stage safety valve to blow and fail to provide enough pressure for the piston to function properly. Wondering if I should replace the 3rd stage intake valve and see if that fixes the issue.

Yep, 3rd stage pressure valve assembly O ring broken. interesting this was serviced before given to me but the valve assembly O ring seat is different, likely leading to the problem, (Wrong kit/model?). Thankfully the old valve and O-ring were given to me and still functioning. Replaced original part and compressor running like a champ.
IMG_0819.jpg

The MCH13 and MCH16 compressors are beautiful and work well, I wish that the MCH6 was in the same class - but it isn't.
The MCH13/MCH16 compressors are keepers:hugs:

Michael

There's a Red head update that supercedes that valve. Far better,

Attachments

• Coltri.png
    Coltri.png
    412 KB · Views: 156

Back
Top Bottom