color correct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Denture Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi forum readers just back from the galapoagos, and wondering if therte is any way to correct the blue on photos, after the fact, some are quite blue, and wondering what you use for photo editing thanks Dan:cool2:

I use Photoshop.

There is an excellent video tutorial on youtube, that explains how to use the 'channel mixer' to restore color to your underwater photos...

YouTube - Photoshop: Underwater Color Correction

That works like magic with most photos..

I often combine this with backscatter removal (the particles that reflect from the flash). Here is a tutorial that shows an extremely efficient way of doing that....

YouTube - Photoshop: Backscatter Removal

Please be sure to show us your photos! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPSqn7TRL3c

Hi forum readers just back from the galapoagos, and wondering if therte is any way to correct the blue on photos, after the fact, some are quite blue, and wondering what you use for photo editing thanks Dan:cool2:

I'll have to check out everyone else's links. It helps to shoot raw, and I do use photoshop. Here's one of my photos before:

Angel_orig.jpg

and after:

Angel.jpg

and my attempt at directions using an image someone sent me:

Picasa Web Albums - Alex - DivingPicHelp

Osric

Nice. You did that with channel mixing? Because the original looks like there was basically no red at all and the final looks very good indeed.

Osric

If you use Photoshop, there is a free plug in called Mandrake or Red Correct that does a great job automatically. It's here:
Adobe - Photoshop Actions

Excellent links, Thanks. Andy, I think I've thanked you too many times, not being given that option, but ... THANKS again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom