Color, B&W, or neither?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took an old shot from the C-5050 and played with it. Here is a heavy crop in B&W and color. Does either do anything for you?

arrow2.jpg
arrowc.jpg

I think maybe with some fun in LR both would be kinda cool. Neither work for me as is (too under expsoed), but I pulled the colour one into LR and messed with the sliders a bit and you can get some good results there.

If you love the shot, it's worth it. If you have others that you like just as much, it's probably still a good image to get experimental with!

This was just play time. I have no great love of this picture. I find it hard to get an interesting picture of arrow crabs. I was trying to see what other people like so when I shoot one again I can approach the subject with a different frame of mind.

BTW, my monitor has died and I'm just using the laptop LCD so the colors, exposure, and sharpness may be off a bit.

Here is the original shot:

arrowwhole.jpg

I kinda like the B&W shot. It's got a 1950's monster movie feel to it.

:scared: :alien: :gator: :martian: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom