Collection of photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karlath

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a collection of photos from my dives which I have expanded over the years and I now want to set up a website where I can put them all together, not only for other people to look at but for myself too, kind of like a record. Has anyone got their own website? And where do you host? I've searched on google and found many options like WordPress and Blogger but there are also some webhosting sites like this one Web Hosting for Windows by 1&1 and I don't know which one to pick! Ideally I want somewhere wehre my photos will be safe and I've heard a lot about websites being hacked, so I really want to avoid that. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I've got a collection of photos from my dives which I have expanded over the years and I now want to set up a website where I can put them all together, not only for other people to look at but for myself too, kind of like a record. Has anyone got their own website? And where do you host? I've searched on google and found many options like WordPress and Blogger but there are also some webhosting sites like this one Web Hosting for Windows by 1&1 and I don't know which one to pick! Ideally I want somewhere wehre my photos will be safe and I've heard a lot about websites being hacked, so I really want to avoid that. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I like wordpress websites because you can set them up by yourself and host them yourself. Everything is free too except for the hosting but you do that on your own anyway. There are a lot of great templates out there to give a really custom look for around $40. Once you pay for the template you have it so you don't keep paying monthly fees.

After you load your content you can change the entire look of the site by changing the template. So it is updateable in the future. (It's not quite as easy as one click but it's not too hard)

On the other hand if you just want to share your photos you could set up a free flickr account. Flickr gives you a ton of space free and the photo look pretty good there. It also has a social aspacet to it where you can join other photography groups that interest you like underwater photo groups or groups for your specific camera. You can also follow other photographers and give them likes and people can follow you. If you use lightroom you can set it up to load your photos directly to flickr. It's very easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom