Cocos/ Packing Hints for Sea Hunter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So who has been on the Sea Hunter? It's a little early, trip isn't for about 5 weeks, but I figured I'd start the packing list to help get me into the spirit of things. ;-)

I heard that the A/C is very cold and that the rooms are not individually adjustable - so since I run cold, cozy sweats would be in order, no? Is it downright parka weather inside there? I run very cold, I'm one of those who has a space heater under her desk at work and runs it full blast all the time.

How about the bus they drive you to the coast in? Freezing or No A/c?

Is there a dryer for drying bathing suits? I think so but confirmation would be good.

Any other general packing hints? Things I might want but might not think of? I'm in one of the triple rooms last time I checked.

I'm staying in Hotel Grano de Oro in San Jose before and after the trip - any suggestions for that? I think they have a restaurant - should I eat there or go out?

For a jungle canopy tour in/near San Jose - do I need DEET?

What else? The other two liveaboards I've been on (Palau Aggressor and MV Faah Yai in Burma) have been wildly different (too cold, and nice and toasty, respectively), so I'm interested in everybody's tidbits on the Sea Hunter.

Thanks!
Taxgeek

Heck we are not going till August. But when we went into get our shots they had malaria listed as an issue for CR. We use REI's Jungle Juice and it works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom