Cocos Island on standby?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piphomer

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Probably a silly question, but:

Does anyone know what the chances of grabbing a standby place on a boat to Cocos Island is?

Any tips for how to go about researching this would be much appreciated, as would any websites or email addresses of the operators.

Thanks

Phil

Undersea Hunter Group has a few boats that go out there. Also Aggressor and I think Peter Hughs, but I'm not sure. Sometimes they have last minute cancellations. It's an awesome trip. I went last July.

I would definitely contact the LOB Companies as we got on the Argos from the Under Seahunter Group, with less than one moth before it sailed, whereas others on board had booked up to 2 years in advance. People have to cancel for a variety of reasons, why should you not get the benefit. :D

I am scheduled for Cocos the first week of July with this Group:
Blue Horizons - Scuba Diving Lessons, Scuba Diving Travel and Vacations and Sale of Scuba diving Equipment, PADI, IDC, CDC

The owners name is Nick Jenny. I met him and his wife in Jan on the Caribbean Explorer II diving St Kitts to Saba. Obviously I liked them well enough to pounce on the chance to dive with them in Cocos. But would be happy to dive with them anywhere else too! We will be on the Argo. Last I heard the boat was full but it's a place to get on a standby/cancellation list. I also was just reading a Peter Hughes brochure that featured Cocos.
Good luck

The Argo is awesome. Fantastic dive deck and great crew.

Goody!!!

Hi Pip - if you are still looking for Cocos - check out my website DiveAdvice.com - I have latest availability on every vessel to Cocos and Galapagos and if you send me a mail I can send you instant availability updated on a daily basis - some offering special rates. There are currently 8 liveaboards that dive Cocos (probably 6 in 2011) and all have pros + cons. Send me a note to Dom @ Dive Advice. Its an awesome destination and yes I am in agreement with the above, the Argo is one of the very best ways to go. Cheers Dom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom