Coco island (Aggressor) 3 january 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

besma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been booked a trip to coco island on the 3TH january 2009 . I would like to know if there is other diver planning to go to this trip on the same date.

where is some divers went to coco island without diving with nitrox ?

besma

Besma
You really need to dive nitrox at Cocos as all of the action is between 80 - 100ft. On the Undersea Hunter they will certify you on the 36-hour crossing. I am not sure what the Aggressor policy is.

Nonie

Nonie,
thank for your reply.

how long is the dive between 80 and 100 ft ? ten minutes more or less or all the dive time.

besma

you will want to stay at that depth as long as possible because as ntsilver said, that's where the action is. for ntsilver that's about 2 minutes at that depth.

i saw the video, it's amazing. which camera did you use to have this perfect image. i am really impressed.

I will follow your advices i will take nitrox course on board. it will cost me 220 Dollars for the nitrox course and for refilled tank. If i see the hammerhead sharks i will forget all the money i spent for this trip. :wink:

besma

Ditto. And be aware also that your $220 will be mostly wasted is you do not also get a good nitrox computer, because if you dive nitrox with an air computer, it still thinks that you are diving air.

You may not notice much of a difference in bottom time on the first two dives (well, unless the 2nd dive is at Alcyone or Punta Maria where the minimum depth is about 90 ft.). But definitely by the third dive, your computer will start screaming at you to ascend while all of your fellow divers on nitrox are still down there in hammerhead heaven.

I saw that i can rent a computer for 120 dollars on the boat. I will rent one.

May i dive with my air regulator with nitrox ? i have a poseidon 3950 cycklon 5000;

Check with your local Poseidon dealer or drop an email to the customer service team in Sweden POSEIDON - The Ultimate Dive is the main website.

I think the official answer is no the Cyklons are not oxgen clean. I have Xstreams which are designed for Trimix diving so are OK. However, I have dove with at least half a dozen people on liveaboards who dove on nitrox with their own Cyklons. The issue came up on my most recent trip when on one of my last dives the dive co-ordinator told me my regs shouldn't be used with nitrox. He was thinking on Cyklons and didn't know anything about the Xstream regs.

Just get in touch with someone from Poseidon to get the real answer before you go.

Also, IMHO you might want to get your own nitrox computer before you go. The Suunto Gekko is an inexpensive option. If you get a wrist bank one you can always take it with you even if you have to rent equipment on a trip due to luggage restricitions, etc.

I'm on the Sea Hunter later this year and can't wait!!

Besma
I got a Genesis wrist mount nitrox computer that was not very expensive. (sorry I don't know the particular model off the top of my head).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom