Cochran Undersea Technology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any first hand experiences and/or opinions on the EMC-16 or the EMC-20H?

I'm not finding much on the forum search and most everything else I can find is on their web site.

Thanks.

I've been diving some Cochrans for some years now. (6 Geminis and 1 EMC-20H) I'm also diving Oceanic Pro Plus IIs (4) and Atomic Cobalts (2). My Cochrans have been reliable, have easily user changable batteries. I've done a little 'tech' diving but consider myself just a very advanced recreational diver, so I'm going to stay out of the 'Liquivision or Shearwater would be better' debate. I pretty much use my single EMC-20H as my wrist mounted back up computer and tend to use my air-integrated Geminis/Pro Pluses/Cobalts as my 'primary' computers. The Cochrans are a little old-school in that they don't have the sexy/modern OLED screens of the newer computers, but they go a long time on a set of batteries as they use less power than OLED compters, which is nice on a backup computer in my case. The Cochrans have a user-adjustable conservatism feature, which is nice and helps me 'sync' them with the same level of conservatism on my other computers, also Cochrans are not overly conservative, they can be adjusted to be pretty 'liberal' if desired.

Probably if you want to know more about the EMC-20H, contact Kamala over @ singledivers.com, she's been diving Cochrans for MANY years (introduced me to them during a North Carolina wreck diving trips a few years ago) and her husband is a retailer of Cochrans.

Thanks scubafanatic. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Loved my Commander Air unit from the 90's, and just replaced it with a 20h weeks ago. Very pleased with them. Solid performer. Great folks to talk with, and they are passonate about what they do. Give Larry a call on their 800 number. They are a small firm, so advertising isn't their biggest concern. Supplying the users with the best is priority number 1.

I've been diving the EM-16 for five years. I like the large, easy to read screen.
I got mine configured for 2-F02. I like the fact that it has a liberal algorithm.
I got the download software and it work fine with windows vista.

I agree, I think the units are too small too.
compaired to what?
I have had one of each of their newer products
I dive the gemini ai the most
my emc-16 is air only and I use it very little
my emc-20 was fully unlocked and I sold it off to a tech buddy . way passed anything I needed.
their software is visualy unappealing but is all about function and once tou get it it works very well. I think there are many flasher computers out there but for the money I vote cochran USA made USA serviced

Back
Top Bottom