Cochran EMC-16 for $50.00, like taking candy from a kid!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traumadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have not posted in a long while. This is more of a boast post than anything else and to show the power of ebay. I just bought a Cochran Commander EMC-16 for $50.00! A listing for the dive computer was placed on ebay with the condition listed as for parts not working. The person selling it was not a diver but a reseller of electronics. He did not know how to turn the unit on. I have wanted a Cochran computer for a long time. I gave him directions to turn on the unit and run a self diagnostic test on the unit, which came back good. I bid 50 bucks on it and now I am the proud owner of this computer. Of course I called Cochran up to verify serial numbers and firmware and such before purchase. Now I have it in hand and am so proud of my self. BTW, retail for this computer is $730.00.
Yeah, I know there are some of you out there that despise Cochran computers and you are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to my choice as well. I am also aware of the warranty issue, no worries it was only $50.
I am just so elated that I was able to pull this off! Never underestimate the power of ebay!

I just scored a trimix unlocked EMC-20H for quite a savings as well.

Sure is a buyers market out there sometimes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom