cochran commander retractor stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a used cochran commander and the retractor is stuck. I found a manual on line but cannot find how to remove retractor. There are 2 screw on one side but after I removed them it still seems connected but I cannot see how. Please advise.

A friend of mine had the same issue, and I took a look at it. It does appear as though the case is glued together to seal it. I think he purchased another retractor and attached the whole thing to the new retractor. If it would help I can take a look at what he used and let you know, but I don't see any way to crack that case open so that it could be put back together again.

Thanks for the info. I will probably take it a scuba shop I use and see what they can do. Attaching a new retractor to the bad one would drive me crazy....

Is it the full console/boot model (maybe w/ a compas)? There is a a bar that runs down the back side that hooks into a tab on the back of the SPG.

looks like this:

Cochran Undersea Technology

looks like ther is one more possible screw hidden at the top or you need to pop out the SPG or get the tab to release.

If that isn't it, without pictures, its a guessing game. Good luck.

I did figure it out. Had to remove the hinge pins. Found a wrist strap on the Cochran site that works great. Thanks for the help though.

Back
Top Bottom