Cochran Analyst Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baldone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I'm looking at a Cochran Commander that's dirt cheap as a back up computer. Don't have the software. Is the Analyst software still available and if so where can I get it? Thanks, Jim

Company is out of business. You will not get any support.

I'm trying to remember if I just download to Subsurface (or use the software and export).... been over a year since I used my EMC (actually my wife uses it as I replaced it with a SW).

IIRC - you need the PC software to set the clock, and configure gas switches if diving it that way. Most other features are set through the contacts and various touches...

The Commander is obsolete (replaced by the EMC), and you likely won't find anything for it even if the company was still in business.. The "current" Analyst software doesn't work with the Commander.

Honestly, I suggest passing on that PDC unless it is free....

I will also say that when the company was active, they were quite "interested" in getting my Commander Air back, and practically gave me a 20h...... Perhaps something else is questionable about that model.....

When I first started diving I bought a Parkway. Worked great for my needs at the time. I even changed the battery a couple of times (involved a fair amount of silicon). Last battery change I managed cut one of the battery leads too close. May try to salvage it someday. I got a Aeris Atmos 2 for Nitrox. I like the Parkway because I could see it easily. The Atoms 2 is a little smaller but I still can read it. The Commander would have be a little easier to read I think. Just a thought. Jim

Analyst 4.01 supports the Cochran Commander, Commander EMC-16, Commander EMC-20H and the Cochran Gemini.

Analyst 3.08 supports the Nemesis series or the Commander Plus, Commander Nitrox, Gemini Plus or earlier products.

Company is out of business. You will not get any support.
It was pretty much impossible to get any support out of them before they went out of business. Well, unless you were the US Navy.

I didn't know they went out of business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom