Cobra3 not reading tank pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got a new Cobra3, quick disconnect style model. Took it out today for the first time with a printed manual so i can play with my new toy water-side. Took it out of the box and set it on the tank and it reads "CD--" for tank pressure. I scoured the manual, internet and a couple divers that were at the quarry today. I cant find any information.
my dive partner (and sometimes i'll admit to him being my partner in life too!) got the exact same model, and his worked perfect today. He got to dive today with some divers that happened to be there, while i got to watch the bags =(
After we got home, i disconnected the computers and i looked through his menus, under dive he only has gauge while i can select air, nitrox, or gauge. Not sure if that is pertinent information.

Any ideas on whats going on?

EDIT: Since I can't figure out how to delete this, i will just edit this post.
my other half just looked at my cobra3 and asked "whats up with your screen, you can barely see it, like some of the screen is partially blacked up" Im like "OMG! It wasn't my eyes?!" I looked at his computer again, its perfectly nice screen with no weird black hazy lines on the screen.
Looks like a trip back to the dive shop is in order for tomorrow morning. Hopefully i can get a replacement before my dive on wednesday evening =(

Nikkiullis,

I apologize for the issue that you are experiencing with your Cobra 3. You definitely need to bring it back to the dive shop and more than likely they should just replace it with a new one, and send the one that you currently have back for evaluation.

As for your partners computer, if the safety stop had been omitted or a fast ascent was made and the computer was put into ER, the computer will lock you out from using any other dive mode besides gauge for a period of 48 hours. You can check through that last dive in the log book to see if there were any violations made.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Did you try connecting your computer to his quick connect hose? and the shop should have tested before it left the store. As for the partner he could have set it for gauge mode.

Back
Top Bottom