Cobra QR (Quick Release)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AviZ

Registered
Reaction score
Hey :eek:)
you may have had to answer this question quite a few times now but ive never seen any questions/answers so i'm asking!!! hehe
few days back i just been and spent up my money on a SUUNTO Cobra + compass + QR, now what im thinking its so easy to come off ..with pressure on is it still as hard ..cause really i dont want to try and end up it coming off and having a hose flying all over the place....so i just wondered if anyone has exprenced it or is it too hard to take off ????
:boom: Thanx :boom:

Good Question, I would imagine it's about the same as a bc inflator hose...

I would really hope that there was some sort of redundancy valve that would keep the air from just flying out if it was disconnected...

It's pretty near locked in. You are safe to go in the water... and enjoy your Cobra like I enjoy mine.

My cobra stays attached untill I surface, and remove it. The qr is a great convience.

mike

i just been diving today at ponds forge, tryed to push in ...i wasnt going to put much force on but it would'nt budge ..so i see thats its safe....just one of those little concerns..... safty first :wink:
cheers !!!!

Your air pressure locks it on tight. If you can take it off under pressure you have no pressure and bigger problems...:eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom