Cobra Forgets a Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chivas

Contributor
Reaction score
Just came home from Belize. Perfect trip. Downloaded wife's Cobra and found it forgot a dive. Scrolled through it's memory and sure enough one 75' dive for 35 minutes is missing. There is no chance for human error because she was right beside me on all of our dives. Any suggestions??

Off the top of my head, two possiblities come to mind. One, memory rolled over and it over-wrote the latest (first) dive. Second, for some reason (missed deco?) it was locked up from the previous dive.....(i.e. gauge mode). I am not really sure if the COBRA doesn't record info when in gauge mode.

Mine did the same thing on its first dive on the Speigel Grove, it recorded the max depth for the unit but nothing else...go figure!

Otter:
Off the top of my head, two possiblities come to mind. One, memory rolled over and it over-wrote the latest (first) dive. Second, for some reason (missed deco?) it was locked up from the previous dive.....(i.e. gauge mode). I am not really sure if the COBRA doesn't record info when in gauge mode.

How much memory does the Cobra have? My vyper holds approx 60 dives at my current sampling rate...Not sure how many dives were on the trip to Belize, but I'd vote for the lockup scenario instead of the roll over...

Seems to me you should be able to tell if it locked up by the data from the dive immidiately previous to the missed dive.

This is a relativly new Cobra. Only a total of 34 dives. We purchased two at the same time and the one I use has been flawless. Go figure.

Chivas:
This is a relativly new Cobra. Only a total of 34 dives. We purchased two at the same time and the one I use has been flawless. Go figure.

I haven't had this problem, It may be best to go to Sunnto. Maybe they can answer this.

I don't think this could have been because it was on gauge mode. First off, it would be beeping like crazy when you got back on the boat from the previous dive and you would not have had all of the standard data on the screen during the dive if it was. I know I dive with mine in gauge mode quite often now.

Also, you still would have dive details, just not the tissue compartments and SAC rates.

It would be interesting if you find out, to let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom