COBALT COAST RESORT on GRAND CAYMAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello Everyone,

I currently have a few rooms left for a trip this coming August 4th - 11th at the Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. I have two 1-bedroom ocean front suites (could be opened up to be a 2 bedroom suite) and I have a few hotel style or garden view rooms. They are your typical rooms with 2 beds.

Price for the 1 bedroom suite is $1350 per person and the hotel style rooms are $1175 per person. This is hundreds less than their normal pricing but they gave me one heck of a deal when I booked the resort back in 2016.

Includes:
- 7 nights
- all meals
- 6 days of two tank diving
- afternoon dive to the kittywake
- unlimited shore diving
- airport transfers
- all taxes and service charges

About the only thing not included are nitrox, alcohol, and tips for the dive crew.

I will be turning these rooms back in a few months from now so if you want one of these rooms just let me know. It's a heck of a deal.

One of the garden view rooms gone!

Asking alot but just got a reminder and interested in the 1 BR. I am at work and its flu season but could you hold it for 24 hours for me? I had a conference in GC in April but it was just cancelled. If I can get my rooms refunded we will do this trip instead.

It's on hold for you so no problem. Just let me know in the next week or so. You are from NC so you get priority.....except for AdivingBel of course. He gets priority over everyone!

Ash

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a few rooms left for a trip this coming August 4th - 11th at the Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. I have two 1-bedroom ocean front suites (could be opened up to be a 2 bedroom suite) and I have a few hotel style or garden view rooms. They are your typical rooms with 2 beds.

Price for the 1 bedroom suite is $1350 per person and the hotel style rooms are $1175 per person. This is hundreds less than their normal pricing but they gave me one heck of a deal when I booked the resort back in 2016.

Includes:
- 7 nights
- all meals
- 6 days of two tank diving
- afternoon dive to the kittywake
- unlimited shore diving
- airport transfers
- all taxes and service charges

About the only thing not included are nitrox, alcohol, and tips for the dive crew.

I will be turning these rooms back in a few months from now so if you want one of these rooms just let me know. It's a heck of a deal.

Asking alot but just got a reminder and interested in the 1 BR. I am at work and its flu season but could you hold it for 24 hours for me? I had a conference in GC in April but it was just cancelled. If I can get my rooms refunded we will do this trip instead.

More good news for your trip in August 2018. The resort will be closed down from February through mid-April so that they can upgrade all the AC units and do some other renovations. So your rooms should be nice and cool during the August heat. See the review and response below that were recently posted on Trip Advisor:

Renovations in Progress Still a Nice Place to Stay
Stayed week of Jan 13th ~ 20th, 2018. Greatly enjoyed interacting with ALL staff as they were friendly and easily engaged. As mentioned by other reviewers, the AC units and Windows are in dire need of replacement. GOOD NEWS is this IS being done and AC units should be replaced by April 1st. Aside from that, everything else was up to par and comfortable.
NOTE! There are lots of wild chickens and roosters on the island and they may crow at night. We found it mildly amusing.
The Pool and Hot Tub are especially nice. Food was very tasty, plentiful, and good variety. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Reef Diver team also very good. Their level of 'Valet Diving' was fine with me. Bernie, Rowan, and Oli get kudo's. Collin, Lavern, and rest of staff were great. I would definitely consider coming back to this resort. BTW, resort is within walking distance of the Turtle Farm and Hell!

Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this review
Responded 4 days ago
Thanks for your visit and review, Dnorris12. As you've noted, the resort does need renovations. We purchased about 2 years ago, just figured out what we wanted to do last spring (and discovered other surprise projects that had to be done), and got started last July. All rooms in the main resort will have new individually-controlled AC units by mid-April. We continue working on updating the rooms and putting in new bathrooms. By the end of 2018 - it will be like a brand new resort. We look forward to your return!

Last edited:
Thanks KathyV for the update.

When I booked they told me everything should be like new by the time we were going. I've been to their other resorts numerous times but not to CC. I asked what kind of deal would they make me if I booked the entire resort so this was it. As long as I fill most of it they are good with that which I am well past that point.

Ok it’s official, :yeahbaby:

Hotel’s refunded and shopping for flights now. This is our first dive resort and first AI trip PLUS we get to meet some online friends. :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom