CO testing Belize III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electrix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does the Belize Aggressor III test for CO ?

Having been on a liveaboard where 14 people got sick from CO all compressor systems should have CO monitoring, especially boats. Good to hear people are choosing their dive destinations by their own safety. We will start to see changes come quickly when customers start asking for safety improvements, or they will take take their money elsewhere.

Better safe than sorry but still don't know if they test or not?

BYOA - Bring Your Own Analyzer - And never have to worry about *someone else* doing their job. In the end, it is you who pays the ultimate price for breathing bad gas.

Yes, it would be nice if Aggressor fleet owners/staff would respond to questions in this forum.

Yes, it would be nice if Aggressor fleet owners/staff would respond to questions in this forum.

Yes, It would, but don't hold your breath.

Optimally Aggressor and Dancer should dictate that all of their franchises install and maintain CO monitoring on the discharge of their compressors.

In the mean time, I'll use my Analox CO tester.

The only liveaboard that I know for certain does continuous CO monitoring is the Spree out of Key West. Wookie on SB. There may be a few others.

I also asked the question in the sticky at the top of this forum and did get a reply.

The air on all Aggressor yachts is periodically tested. The chance of Carbon Monoxide contamination is extremely unlikely as the compressors are in a different compartment from the engines and the compressor intakes are at the highest level above deck. The engine exhaust is through a wet system discharged at the water line.

I was under the impression that CO contamination was often the result of improper maintenance high heat and the o rings breaking down?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom