CO O2 combo meter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh. The sad tale of DiveNav. They made a capable O2-CO analyzer but a limited product line and piss-poor customer service lead to their demise.

wish Divesoft would get their act together and put CO in their trimix analyzer.

You can probably get Nuvair to make you one, but it is going to cost about $800 and may take a while since it is not a stock part number

Ahhh. The sad tale of DiveNav. They made a capable O2-CO analyzer but a limited product line and piss-poor customer service lead to their demise.

It wasn't a great product unfortunately in addition to their horrible customer service. One of the issues was your having to send it back to the company for calibration once a year. I believe it wouldn't work if you didn't send it back for calibration after one year.

It wasn't a great product unfortunately in addition to their horrible customer service. One of the issues was your having to send it back to the company for calibration once a year. I believe it wouldn't work if you didn't send it back for calibration after one year.

you didn't have to send it back for calibration. I've been calibrating mine at home since I got it. You did have to send it back for firmware updates which is annoying and mine doesn't have the latest firmware which means it will eventually brick when the app is no longer supported, but hopefully that doesn't happen for a while.

you didn't have to send it back for calibration. I've been calibrating mine at home since I got it. You did have to send it back for firmware updates which is annoying and mine doesn't have the latest firmware which means it will eventually brick when the app is no longer supported, but hopefully that doesn't happen for a while.

The impression I got from the owner way back when I contacted them was that the unit had to be sent back to them for the calibration.

The impression I got from the owner way back when I contacted them was that the unit had to be sent back to them for the calibration.

nope, you can calibrate from the app and if you have the newest firmware then from the device I believe. One of the ways you could swag calibrate was by exhaling into the unit and while it wouldn't be "accurate" in terms of 2ppm being 2ppm, it would give you a go-nogo of whether there was CO in the sensor. You did need to buy bump gas and a regulator to calibrate it though which a lot of people didn't/don't want to do but we have it for work so it isn't an issue for me. You can also replace the CO sensors yourself and I have one sitting on my desk right now actually.

If you can find a used one, third parties are selling the sensors. I've been replacing sensors and recalibrating mine since divenav took a dump. I did have to buy a bottle of CO for the calibration, which is expensive because of the hazmat shipping.

I wonder how hard it would be to hook a jtag to it and dump the firmware so folks like @tbone1004 could get updated.

I think there's a dual gas analyzer on the DIY forum that seems pretty easy and inexpensive.

He later changed his tune.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom