Clubs operating out of Sault Ste. Marie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Byzantine84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be visiting from overseas this summer (July) and am thinking of bringing my dive kit with me. I have never dived in Ontario before, or Canada for that matter.

If I want to dive in the area, which club or whom should I get in contact with? Any good information, dive sites recommended etc.?

I am assuming you are comfortable in cold water? I found surprisingly little information for "Scuba Sault Ste. Marie" on a Google search so another option for you is to join Ontario Diving as their active Ontario members exceed those of ScubaBoard. The members there are just as nice and helpful, but the board is for Ontario diving. I am sure you'd get some help there (if this thread does not pick up).

As for the diving, I bet there is some spectacular diving. The Straits of Mackinac apparently has some spectacular wrecks.....but the water is cold. I almost had some business up there and was not going to pass up the opportunity to do some diving.

Dive site map:

Straits Scuba

Some limited options:

Straits Scuba - about the only local operator I could find :idk: but according to a thread here on SB they are a good charter.

ScubaSteve,

Many thanks for the prompt and informative reply. I just signed up with the Ontario Divers forum and will try and pull some information off of there.

Back
Top Bottom