Closest diving near Jaco Beach, Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilznut

Reaction score
I am going to be in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica in a few weeks. Want to dive one day. What is the closest place to dive from Jaco Beach? Any close dive shop operators info or websites also appreciated.

Hmm....well of what i know there is no diving in Jaco...the currents are really strong and i don't know of any diver operators in Jaco. I've been to Costa Rica amany times and never heard of anyone diving there..the closest place is Guanacaste..about 4 hrs. drive from San Jose. Good Luck

What about in Quepos which is fairly close?

More and more online searches I make about things related to scuba show links to SB. Did a search on SB with 2 of the terms in the title of this thread and got 1 hit that didn't really have much. Doing a Yahoo Search, I found this page, that although ancient, at least had a link to a dive op. I had already found the op on my own, but was glad to see that I could still unearth it on SB.

Saw a few current threads of people going to Costa Rica, as am I in the future, so thought I'd revive this thread in case there is any more current info.

What I know about Herradua Divers in the Herradura/Jaco area is that they are closed from May until November due to crummy dive conditions. I'll be going in January 2019, so hoping for great conditions.

Go about two hours south to Uvita, and dive with Mad About Diving. They will tank you to the Canos islands. It's a great dive. Be ready for some weird thermoclines. On the second dive, it was like a normal cline - vertical - but it took my breath away. On the first dive, I would swim through really warm currents - you could even see the heat eddies in the water. Not a lot of corals and no sponges, but lots of sharks and pelagics. A great diver operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom