closer to god: song and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
actually ... i wrote this song in 1990 (or 1991). i never wrote it down, just kept it in mind. the other day, some of us decided to write songs under 2:00 minutes, so i figured this would be a great candidate

it started basically as a blues song, but i kind of gave it a trashy bad jazz feel just to do something different

YouTube - Closer to God

woot thanks!

:wink:

frank, thanks

i love your piece ... very nice ... reminds me of CS&N, with that fuzzy 60's sound

hey, you have to do what you do ... labels are for losers and record company bean counters

my problem is i write way too varied ... unless i am very careful, i am all over the place stylistically ... lately i've been trying to keep my sound more under control

this one sneaked up on me

Andy, did you shoot the video?

post 9 :wave-smil

btw: I liked it :D

Andy, did you shoot the video?

post 10!

i only shot a few pieces of it. the car with the beads (from the inside) and the first few images of the night parade (starting with the NOPD van, the horsemen, the flood lights, and the float with the big red guy on it). after :40 seconds, none of it is my footage, except for the car with the beads at the end

the rest i ripped off YouTube

(let me tell you, you have to wade through a lot of crap to find good images)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom