For Sale CLOSED Remote Lead or "slob knob" for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverintheflesh

Contributor
Reaction score
Functioning. Just removed from a set of OMS doubles.

Anyone who has difficulty reaching the isolation manifold valve knob can benefit from this extension. Adds approximately 30 inches in length.

I can help you with installation if needed. Very easy.

I know there will be DIR or GUE disagreement with this piece of equipment, so here is my 2 psi...

Don't let others dissuade you from modifying your equipment so you can dive. Ask yourself this, what's worse, standardized equipment that its user never practices with or adaptive gear that one practices with regularly? Humans don't do particularly well underwater -- all scuba gear is adaptive...

$150, delivered. No credit card fee. I will send you an invoice.

20210922_201508.jpg

Hi @diverintheflesh - I'm interested if it's the right version.
Do you know what the valve stem size is?

I think you're not measuring the right think. should be around 5 mm.
There are three sizes, each works for different valves.

What would you like measured then?

It was on a standard isolation manifold. The 7/8 is NOT the valve neck size of a cylinder, it's the width that the neck of the valve the knob sits on...

20211206_194812.jpg

There are three sizes, each works for different valves.

However these sizes relate to the inside diameter of the stainless knob that fits over the valve and spindle
being size 1 with one inner sleeve size 2 larger inner sleeve and size 3 no sleeve being biggest diameter
in order to account for different valve and bonnet nut sizes where the valve spindle remains the same

1638872820728.png

to prevent a sloppy slob knob at the valve and leading to a stress snapped spindle

These are a precision instrument of excellent quality for people with thick wetsuits
ETC

Not trying to be difficult. I've talked to Alex at Custom Divers a couple of times and this is what he has told me. Probably best if I stick with him so I can be sure of the measurement. Thanks anyway though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom