Close-up photos from Henderson Pt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pictures Mark. A feather star in the Victoria area, must be the global warning.

Cheers

Al

Great pictures Mark. A feather star in the Victoria area, must be the global warning.

Cheers

Al

I find it weird that feather stars are all over the place up around the Strait of Georgia, but almost don't exist down here. Maybe this one was introduced as a juvenile by a Nanaimo diver (maybe wedged in his rebreather). I remember years ago seeing what I thought was maybe a small feather star in the same area at Henderson. I later thought it was probably just a feather hydroid, but now I wonder if it was the same one I saw today, but when it was a juvenile.

Those photos are amazing. I'm sure I've asked you this before, what camera do you use? The clarity is unreal.

Cheers,
Bill.

Those photos are amazing. I'm sure I've asked you this before, what camera do you use? The clarity is unreal.

Cheers,
Bill.

Thanks. When it works, it's a Canon Rebel XT. Those close-up photos were taken with the Canon 50mm lens with 2X and 4X diopters. They'd better be clear: Most of those creatures were only a couple of inches away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom