Clipping SPG on a d-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always clipped my SPG to my left shoulder D ring. Much easier to see.

Thanks guys, I’ll try using my middle finger like in this video to find it. More practice on the sofa with gloves while watching TV I guess :)

Maybe I’ll try a bent d ring as well.

That’s an interesting idea to put it on the chest I never thought about this one.

The ad from Mako makes a really good case for buying new rings :)

I actually have my SPG come over my left shoulder and clip it to the left chest d-ring. So much nicer there.

When there is a restriction during a cave dive, your spg can hit stones when it is at the left chest d-ring.

When the spg is at my waist d-ring I can even put it between my body and backplate. Maybe your solution is easier but not nicer.

+1 for chest D-ring makes it a lot easier to monitor back gas than clipping and unclipping especially when I'm in 100% photography mode.

Which way are you holding the clip? I used to have the same issue until someone showed me how to do it properly.

I do it the other way. Holding it open with my thumb, but opening pointing out. Come from behind, head of the bolt snap pointing forward so it goes inside the ring. Then just go out from your body and release. Even if you push the ring with your hand, it can not go flat against you, since the bolt snap is in the way.

I do it the other way. Holding it open with my thumb, but opening pointing out. Come from behind, head of the bolt snap pointing forward so it goes inside the ring. Then just go out from your body and release. Even if you push the ring with your hand, it can not go flat against you, since the bolt snap is in the way.
Actually so do I, that's what happens when you post a video with an extreme hangover. Can't seem to find a video showing the way I was taught but it's as you describe.

I seem to just miss the ring and make it flat with my hand.

hose under the arm, console clipped to right chest area

no clipping or unclipping, there's just so much other stuff I'd rather be doing

full.jpg

like dancing

unless compassing somewhere, which is far more accurate
when pivoting a console at the end of a long extended arm

than that wrist idea that the cool clippers and unclippers do

A few sections of bike inner tube slices stretched over a d-ring on webbing stops it from flattening onto the webbing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom