Cleaning the Marmora Dam site on August 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
Would anyone in that area like to set up a day to clean up some of the trash that is littering the bottom of the Marmora Dam? Everytime we dive there, it amazes me at the amount of trash on the bottom. If anyone is interested, lets see if we can't arrange something and have some fun in the process. Thank you. Marie

Where the heck is Marmora :)

Marmora is a little town along highway 7. Some of the OW tests are done there. It is a nice calm drift dive.

Trash???? where???...seriously....count me in (of course). I can set up a pickup of the "flotsam and jetsom" with the municipality when we get a date. BTW, Marmora is the centre of the diving universe!!!!:D
Randy...

weight_for_me once bubbled...
... Marmora is the centre of the diving universe!!!!

I think you'll have a few (just a few mind you) debates about that one!

:D

I am in if the weekend or day is right...I don't know what is right ..right now.......hehehehe

Randy..you are soooooooo...right on....

Spoke to Gil this morning and mentioned the clean up and he said that some divers tried it 2 years ago and the Min of Environ put a stop to it. The town put a big fuss up and it was stopped. Does anyone know who we could get intouch with to make sure this goes through? I will call the town hall and see what they say so we don't get introuble with big brother.

LOL
Marmora is a little town along highway 7. Some of the OW tests are done there. It is a nice calm drift dive.

Hwy # 7 starts at Sanria and ends in Ottawa, don't suppose you could be a little more specific. :)

Actually I looked at map. I will be with a group of divers from Sarnia at Pt Traverse Ducks Dive June 27th to 29th. Looks like it is not far away. If it turns out to be that weekend, and since it's the centre of all diving let me know and we may be able to help.
Gary

Back
Top Bottom