cleaning tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock1062

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All

I just bought a pair of HP100's and the out side of the tanks are bit tatted they still have some clue from old stickers and you can see a color difference from where the stickers were :shocked2: what does everyone use to clean that stuff off your tanks and get them looking better

Their are lots of products out there for cleaning glue residue off. I think one is goo be gone. I usually just use white gas and then wash them off.

I just use laquer thinner on a rag or stiff brush. I finsh by washing the tanks with soap and water.

If you mean the galvanized areas that were under the stickers are still shiny rather than dull, I woudl not worry about it, They will catch up soon and match the rest of the tank. Generalyl speaking you do not want to remove the oxidized surface of the galvanized finish as it will thin it and reduce the useful life of the coating.

Start with a blow dryer to release the adhesive. With a little heat most stickers will roll right off. You can then use any of the solvent products mentioned to remove the residue.

thank you all for the help the tanks have a bit of both issues :shakehead: some glue residue and different color under where the old sticker were except it not shiny and new but a bit different and what looks like the color white :idk: what this could be

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom