cleaning lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

can cleaning fluid be put on the lens of my slr to clean it, i was at the sea side the other day and some saltwater spray got on it, the name of the cleaning pack is "hama" and there are ear bud type things as well as a sheet of white tissue kinda stuff, the cleaning fluid is in a red bottle, would it mark the lens if i put it on there

thanks all

I am going to watch this thread because there was a thread which I looked for a while ago about cleaning a lens that has had water dry on the lens (waterspots as I think you are describing as well) and I could not find it when I went to clean my lens.

Thanks for posting this.

me too.. I usually soak mine in softened water when I get home. But salt water is going to harder

i wasnt diving or swiming with the camera that day just up on the cliff with the camera it was really stormy so the waves were coming up to where ruby and i where standing, i had a dry cloth and that was clearing it off for me so i could take pictures but there are some blue streaks on the lens now any ideas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom