Cleaning inon housing trays, screws..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After you have cleaned and dried out your housing trays and screws, do you apply a little oil on all the screws and reassemble your uw photo rig (excluding the camera) or just leave it unassembeld till the next dive?

Are you talking about the tripod screw that holds your housing to the tray? When I get back from a trip and won;t be using the housing for awhile, I remove the housing o-rings, lube them and store them in a ziplock baggie. And I put a drop of light oil on the tripod screw. I use sewing machine oil.

Dee:
Are you talking about the tripod screw that holds your housing to the tray? When I get back from a trip and won;t be using the housing for awhile, I remove the housing o-rings, lube them and store them in a ziplock baggie. And I put a drop of light oil on the tripod screw. I use sewing machine oil.
yes Dee tripod screws..and some.

Gio, here's the pix..bottom screws in the grip base and through the housing and 2 screws in the lens port.

Rig_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom