Cleaning Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I normally clean bottles I find in salt water in a mixture of vinager and water. Let them sit for a week or so in the mixture and most stains as well as marine critters come off pretty easily. For those stubborn areas, I drop it back in and let it sit in the vinegar and water for another week or so. I haven't tried this with anything that has a label on it though. I found an old Pepsi bottle but like the way it looked with the barnicles so left it as is. You can also get bottles "tumbled" which removes scratches and will make them look pretty much brand new. Good luck!

Hi all, any more suggestions to cleaning up the outside of a glass bottle? I found an old milk bottle recently, but it is fairly dull on the outside a scratched. A friend suggested using fine wet and dry paper to polish up the outside, but i was wondering it this is best?

Back
Top Bottom