Clayton, NY Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I found on the Dive 1000 Islands website mention of a wreck named Elk, a schooner between Washington Island & east corner of the Clayton Waterfront off the Frink Snowplow Factory in very shallow water. That is the only thing I have found about it though. Does anyone know of this wreck? I am headed up to Clayton, NY for the Labor Day weekend and am looking for shore dives.

I found on the Dive 1000 Islands website mention of a wreck named Elk, a schooner between Washington Island & east corner of the Clayton Waterfront off the Frink Snowplow Factory in very shallow water. That is the only thing I have found about it though. Does anyone know of this wreck? I am headed up to Clayton, NY for the Labor Day weekend and am looking for shore dives.

I don't know anything about the wreck but if you dive it, watch out for boat traffic. It's pretty busy around Clayton on Labor day.

Have a good weekend!!

You may or may not already know about the Islander wreck as well behind the hospital in downtown Clayton. Worth a dive and very easy and safe. You are more likely to get better responses in the Ontario Fresh Water section of this board as that is the major ST. Lawrence river hangout.

The ISLANDER wreck is next to the hospital in ALEXANDRIA BAY which is a short drive from Clayton, and is a great shore dive site. It's just not in Clayton

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom