Answered: Classifieds: No permissions to start post in forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrisk919

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Edit to add: Ok I see a thread about this lower in this forum, but I thought I had more posts than 10?

Restrictions are now in place for classifieds and messages, for new users.
A low post count and low reaction score is considered a new user by the system.

Double Edit to add: Ok, I'm a dummy - kept reading a later post and found the "You have to opt-in" discussion with Wookie saying you can do it yourself.
--Found it now. I assume it will kick in next time I login (current session still says "insufficient privileges" )

I'm wondering if there's a process to enable posting to the Classifieds section?
I can reply there, but I've never tried posting.

After looking around a bit, trying to figure out how to post a WTB, I finally see the following at the bottom of the page:

You have insufficient privileges to post threads here.
I'm assuming this is to prevent random scammers from coming in and posting garbage.

Is there a process to get approved for posting in Classifieds? I've read the pinned TOS posts and don't see anything about it, so I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance,

--Chris

You should be able to post. When you create a thread, it will go into the approval queue and a mod will approve it.

Please try again.

Back
Top Bottom