classic JET fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffgill80

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking at buying a pair of Jet Fins. in doing some research i hear that they are hard to size. Is this true? do they run small? I take a size 12 wide and i wear 5 mil scubapro neoprene wetsuit boots. would i go XL?

I am reading that i should go larger but the foot pocket in the 2X is really big?

thank you very much!

Yes, the Jet Fins historically run small. We decided not to change the sizing since the fin has been aroun 40+ years. You would take a XXL fin. The XXXL fin is the gigantic monster foot pocket used by those with thick dry suit boots.

best,
HW

I've been using jetfins since the early 70's. I've got two pairs, an XL and an XXL. I wear the XL with Chuck Taylor high tops and the XXL with the 7 mil neoprene wetsuit boots and with a dry suit. You definitely need to get the XXL.

Don't forget to replace the straps with spring straps.

Make sure you get the relatively new XXL they came out with. The old XXL is the huge one they now call the XXXL.

Make sure you get the relatively new XXL they came out with. The old XXL is the huge one they now call the XXXL.

No wonder I don't need any weights in the pool when wearing my old XXL jetfins! I was playing a drowning victim in a Rescue diver class last week and the instructor had trouble getting me off the bottom of the pool and blamed my jetfins. :D

Good point KWinter ! In 2010, SCUBAPRO redesigned the old XXL to a more correct sizing and then moved the old XXL to an XXXL, which it truely is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom