Classic Inspiration for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtmondlak

Registered
Reaction score
2001 Inspiration Classic for sale - $2,000
- medium counterlungs
- very low hours
- O2 sensors must be replaced prior to use

Includes the following:
- Divematics BOV (Oceanic regulator)
- ADV with flowstop
- Silent Diving travel frame with 4 tank mounts
- Golem Gear stainless steel backplate and harness
- Armadillo sidemount kit
- DiveRite Classic Wing
- 4 Faber 3L steel tanks (2 require hydro; all require VIP)
- extra convoluted hoses with BOV
- some spares and tools
- original green plastic storage box

Located in Norfolk, Virginia
Contact me at kurt.mondlak@gmail.com

I would wager that pics will not be forthcoming. Use extreme caution when dealing with this individual. At the very least I have an email chain which I would be happy to forward to help you decide if this is someone to whom you want to send money. I wasted a lot of time and drew $1000 cash out of the bank for nothing. The whole situation had a bad smell to it from the beginning. You know what they say about a deal seeming to good to be true ...

I would wager that pics will not be forthcoming. Use extreme caution when dealing with this individual. At the very least I have an email chain which I would be happy to forward to help you decide if this is someone to whom you want to send money. I wasted a lot of time and drew $1000 cash out of the bank for nothing. The whole situation had a bad smell to it from the beginning. You know what they say about a deal seeming to good to be true ...

AWWWWWWWW...... you went and ruined my fun................:wink:
Later,
John

I have seen this rebreather and can personally speak to the character of this seller and the quality of the product he is selling. This rebreather is in amazing condition for its age and if someone will hurry up and buy my KISS Sport and I can work out a few other details I will be purchasing this soon. I did not know Kurt prior to yesterday, but I feel very confident that there is nothing shady going on here. If he does not provide pics it is only due to his limited time and computer skills.

Glen,

After a thorough review of our email conversation, I can find no promise made to you by me that you would be the purchaser of the compressor. Just because you were working in Norfolk and had $1,000 in your pocket does not guarantee any sale to you. As previously explained to you, I unexpectedly had to take my son to the doctor on the afternoon we had discussed potentially conducting a viewing of the compressor for you. Those things happen sometimes, and while it might come as a surprise to you, my son's health will always trump the sale of a piece of equipment. The individual who eventually purchased the compressor came by to look at my Inspiration in the first available gap in my weekend schedule. If you are truly interested in purchasing a compressor, I recommend you visit the Bauer facility in Norfolk. Their customer service is exceptional, and they will work with you to put together a package that meets your needs as they did for me.

Regarding the Inspiration, photos will be sent either today or tomorrow as time allows, just as they were for the compressor to those that requested them via my GMail account per my original post.

Kurt

I simply am recommending that anyone considering sending money to you might want to take a look at our email chain, and make their own determination regarding your character, and how you treat people. I know I would find this real world information very valuable if I were considering sending you $2000 for the rebreather you currently have up for sale.

I simply am recommending that anyone considering sending money to you might want to take a look at our email chain, and make their own determination regarding your character, and how you treat people. I know I would find this real world information very valuable if I were considering sending you $2000 for the rebreather you currently have up for sale.

I will say I can see where you're coming from. In my dealings I never truly felt as though I was being given a straigh answer as to the reality of if I was first in line to score the compressor or not. I think that my email communications hedged towards giving me the impression the unit would be mine, but did not outwardly say it. I also attempted to confirm my position with no positive result. I never felt like I was getting screwed or ripped off. But I didn't feel very good about how things ended because I thought there was a good chance I would be buying the unit. Again I'm not saying any of it was intentional, but I definitely didn't feel the communication of my likelihood of being the buyer was clear at all. Hope that sheds a little light on the contrasting statements. In the end I think there were several people interested and I was left with baited breath as if other fell through I would be next in line. I simply wish that would have been communicated in a straight forward manner.

The Inspiration has now been sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom