Class for maintaining/servicing own equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawleysdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Years ago, I took an all-day class on how to service my own Scubapro equipment. I don't remember it it was an "authorized" class or not. It has been so long ago, i have forgotten a lot of it. Are there any dive shops on the east coast to offer a weekend class for this type of thing? I can travel just about anywhere there is an airport.

I didn’t think Scubapro or any other manufacturer would allow that. I understand why. I am looking for a general regulator repair class so that if I am on some far-flung island in the Pacific somewhere and I have whistling reg or something, I have the where with all to fix it and not ruin an expensive dive trip.

Actually Poseidon and Deep6 train either tech or normal divers in maintenance of their respective regulators. And provide the parts and service kits. The Deep6 second is very similar to the 109/BA below, as are most second stages. The Poseidon is very different.

On ScubaPro, you can get aftermarket kits for the older regs from VintageDoubleHose. Servicing the ScubaPro Balanced Adjustable is very easy. I use one of them and an S600 (of which I have two), or I use a Deep6.

Yep, from the comfort of your own home read the manuals and watch the videos. The VDH MK5 video will suffice in lieu of the MK10.

Try EASE in Vero Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom