Class for maintaining/servicing own equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawleysdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Years ago, I took an all-day class on how to service my own Scubapro equipment. I don't remember it it was an "authorized" class or not. It has been so long ago, i have forgotten a lot of it. Are there any dive shops on the east coast to offer a weekend class for this type of thing? I can travel just about anywhere there is an airport.

Haven't heard lately but Airtec use to do one. It was a 2 1/2 day class (weekend) Not sure if they are still doing it but well worth the time. It was not specific to any brand/model but rather an overall intro to regs and servicing them. With what you learn and a service manual, you are well on your way.

That would be just what I would be looking for. I will give them a call. My daughter goes to NCSU, so it would give me an excuse to check up on her!

Keep in mind, it does not qualify you to obtain service kits from ScubaPro or it's authorized service centers (dealerships). You will still need to source them from unauthorized locations...

Understood. I know they have to protect their dealer network. I would like to understand the inner workings of the equipment that I depend on with my life. Literally.

I teach a complete full day equipment specialty course and deep 6 and hog technician courses that could be added to it ...steve

Dive rescue international offers courses
Might be restricted to PS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom