City of Cleveland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveC426913

Registered
Reaction score
Can't seem to locate City of Cleveland wreck in L. Huron. Nothing on gthe web.

I know it's off Perseverance Is. Can anyone point me at a website?

I finally (after 2 hours of sleuthing) tracked down an itty bitty description that said the crew swam to Fitzwilliam Is. which I eventually found on a map somewhere else. And in a third place I found a description of the relative positions of Fitwilliam I. to Perseverance I., so I have a high confidence level (but not 100%) that I actually located the island and the wreck.

Phew.

If you're interested, here's the web page with my map and my sketches (yes, sketches) of my dive weekend:

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I have had quite a hard time finding coordinates for Tobermory, specifically The City of Cleveland which is outside of the park. Hope we find it this weekend!

Assuming you have your own boat, be aware that there are some serious boat-buggering shoals between Tobermory and the Cleveland. Specifically Bad Neighbor Rock and the Emily Maxwell Reef off of the west end of Fitzwilliam Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom