CiTicel A02 PTB-18.10 Oxygen sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aviator8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience with this O2 sensor? Its specs line up with the more popular PSR-11-39-MD sensor but is roughly half the cost. You usually get what you pay for, but if the published datasheet is accurate these two sensors appear to be practically the same. I am not using this in a re-breather just for a cootwo meter. Just want to see if anyone has any real world experiences on this one.

https://www.citytech.com.cn/PDF-Datasheets/ao2.pdf

for reference here is the datasheet on the PSR sensors by Analytical Industries

https://www.tecme.de/spezifikation_o2-sensor.pdf

no experience since I just use takeouts from my CCR in the cootwo, but should be fine for that. The analyzers don't care
that's what I thought as long as the operating voltages match which they do.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I've just bought one for a DIY sensor. I don't suppose you know what the pinout on the Molex connector is? Neither datasheet says. From a different sensor it looks like '- - +' with the locking tab at the top. Sound right?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I've just bought one for a DIY sensor. I don't suppose you know what the pinout on the Molex connector is? Neither datasheet says. From a different sensor it looks like '- - +' with the locking tab at the top. Sound right?
I am not sure on the pinout.

62C7978D-745B-4C6E-888F-097A02DD1DC1.jpeg
Here is how the old one looked in the cootwo if this helps.

You'll use the two outside pins. Put a meter on it and it will tell you which is positive and which is negative.

I received the O2 sensor I mentioned in the original post and also ordered this CO sensor. Both are a good bit cheaper than other alternatives

US $19.0 5% OFF|S+4 2ECO Long life 2 electrode CO sensor ideal for CO detectors.-in Battery Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
S+4 2ECO 2 electrode sensor

I popped them in my Cootwo I bought from another SB member and was able to calibrate them right up.

In case anyone is looking for a cheaper alternative these worked for me. The only note is that on the O2 sensor the original has both ends round and they slip down into the half round recessed slots. This O2 sensor has a round side (the O2 sensing side) and a pentagon shape on the wire connection side. To get it to slip down into the slots I had to remove the o'ring on the sensing side.

It would be interesting to get 1 sensor and check it alongside 2 AI PSR-11-39-MD sensors in a pressure pot for liniarity up to 2 bars of O2.
Put it in a rebreather, dive it for 6 months, are then repeat the measurements in the pressure pot.

If OK it might just be a much cheaper alternative to the Vandergraph and AI Sensors, otherwise it might only be worth as much as the german made NRC Sensors which are worthless.

Michael

It would be interesting to get 1 sensor and check it alongside 2 AI PSR-11-39-MD sensors in a pressure pot for liniarity up to 2 bars of O2.
Put it in a rebreather, dive it for 6 months, are then repeat the measurements in the pressure pot.

If OK it might just be a much cheaper alternative to the Vandergraph and AI Sensors, otherwise it might only be worth as much as the german made NRC Sensors which are worthless.

Michael
Little above my head since I dont dive CCR. In my search for a different alternative I did come across a testing document that compared several O2 sensors for their reliability and use in diving. I think the NEDU may have authored it or it was third party for them. Some sensors they tested were thrown out due to reliability issues. Obviously a CCR with three sensors is much more life critical in monitoring than me doing an extra check to make sure my tank is Air with no Co in it.

Back
Top Bottom