Cineform studio 2 is out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.
I just tried it out and I'll be damned. The single white balance picker on Cineform does a better job of correcting the colors than Sony Vegas Pro does using the 3 color balance picker with a White balance 3 card set. The Protune preset is great too.

The short coming in Cineform is that when you save a preset you can't delete it. The rest of the editing I'll leave to Vegas Pro.

Last edited:
Has basic editing features built in now too, great for anyone who doesn't want to mess around with other more complicated editors.

The new version is crap. Constantly freezes on conversion. Then when I get through the conversion after restarting it over and over, the editing portion crashes. Looking for other options. I just got my GoPro and am pretty disappointed with the software.

Could the issues have anything to do with your computer? Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't had any issues with the new program.

Studio 2.0 was incompatible with my editing software (Pinnacle 16). I found a copy of the last Cineform version in my downloads folder and reloaded it and Pinnacle was still having trouble. Sony Vegas is well regarded in the 3D world so I coughed up the dough and made the switch to Vegas. I likely could have made Pinnacle work again with the old Cineform...but figured my time was better spent learning Vegas.

Between GoPro's recent firmware "upgrades" that trashed my 3D, and the Studio 2.0 release, I'm getting very gunshy of GoPro software.

Could the issues have anything to do with your computer? Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't had any issues with the new program.

Typically I'd assume the same thing if the problem weren't mine, but I have quite a bit of computer experience and my system runs flawlessly. I taught myself how to build computers in the early nineties, worked in IT support for 9 years making it to network administration in only 3 years, and have been a software developer for the last 4 years... I'm (unfortunately) the guy everyone calls when they have problems. It's definitely not my computer. The software is just straight up buggy. If you do a google search on the same issues I'm having, I'm not alone. I tried copying the files to my hard drive prior to the conversion, but if I attempted to do more than one at a time, the 2nd would hang. I could stop it and restart it and the next file would finish. I took 50 minute video the other day and it cut the files up into 20 minute segments. Took me forever to get them to AVI files, then it crashed when loading the editing software. I just quite right there. I had already wasted enough time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom