Cíes Islands, Galicia, Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northcave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We've been told the Cíes Islands off Galicia are meant to be good for diving. We're in a boat traveling down the coast and have diving gear so does anyone know anything of the diving here and the sites?

Hi,
I´m not from Galicia but I´m been diving around that area a couple of times, always with local Clubs or Diving Centers.
Islas Cies is a National Park, so I´m not sure if it is neccesary to require an authorization for diving.
Find below some local companies offering diving in Cies and also other locations around.
Also a couple of links to a Spanish diving forum with some information (obviously in Spanish).
Good luck!
Carlos.

Buceo Atlantis Cies - Atlantis Buceo
Buceo Islas Cies | Club de Buceo en Vigo | Cursos PADI - Club Buceo Islas Cies
Buceo Ciesub, cursos PADI y buceo en Islas Cies y Vigo

FORO DE BUCEO DEPORTIVO • Ver Tema - Buceo en Islas Cíes
FORO DE BUCEO DEPORTIVO • Ver Tema - Bucear en las Islas Cíes

Thanks. We got permission from their website. It is iatlanticas.es. The permission is automatic so it is more of a notification than permission.

We just went in shallow water to about 10m around some rocks. It wasn't bad but locals told us that the marine life isn't as good as it should be as they allow a lot of fishing around the islands even though it is meant to be a "marine reserve".

We woke up to be surrounded by 15 fishing boats all diving to hand pick clams and set pots. We also saw a massive trawler setting a huge circular net about 5 times the size of a football pitch.

Crazy that they call it a marine reserve.

Sorry for your bad experience. I dove in the rias and it wasn´t so bad. Quite different if used to dive in the Meditarrenaen as I usually do.

I did go snorkelling in North Galicia on the Biscay coast and the visibility was amazing!!!! Wish I'd gone for a dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom