Christolube's stance on FLouro-Chemistry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Quallo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thanks Fdog. Our goal is the same, that is, to assist SB users.

My main points are these:

1. From whatever vantage point, kinetics or chemistry, there were incorrrect statements made about fluorinated greases, regardless of the manufacturer. I worked for Solvay for close to 20 years (one of the largest fluorochemical suppliers in the world) and feel that I understand fluorine chemistry well enough.

2. Price is heavily influenced by the type of base oil used. In the case of ChristoLube MCG111, a linear PFPE is used. There are several advantages in using a linear PFPE, but they tend to be from 2X to 10X more expensive than branched PFPEs. Lubrication Technology provide a cheaper grade and based on price/performance have always been competitive.

3. The perception that, when it comes to oxygen safe greases, scuba divers have little or no choice is a myth. Unfortunately for Lubrication Technology, we've been negligent in addressing direct, erroneous comments and in fact did not care to respond. We sincerely wish to be of assistance to scuba diving enthusiasts and to avoid the sideshow.

Hello COUV,

Competition will be good for SB family and at Christo-Lube we promise to work hard to maintain your trust.

Regards,

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom