Christolube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isueu03

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought 2 new Worthington LP85's, Sea Elite manifold, and Highland bands -- my first set of doubles. I plan to assemble them tomorrow, but I am having a tough time finding Christolube locally. Is there a good alternative to Christolube that can be purchased at Home Depot or another store like that? Thanks for your suggestions.

Home depot? No.

A suggestion, phone your oxygen supply house and ask for Krytox oxygen compatible grease. Good stuff.

Yep, check out your local bulk gas supplier.

Just don't ask them for "No Oil" they may laugh at you.

We are glad to be part of this site and I hope to supply good information to Rebreather world's forum. I wish to also offer An Alternate to the widely used Christolube to the diving industry as a whole. The family of products we manufacture is a complete package. The package includes O2 grease, Protectant, and a solvent to easily clean the grease off. This is an attempt to offer everything a diver needs to operate safely an offer peace of mind as you are out there diving. If you have an interest we are willing to send you a sample to test and evaluate on your semi closed and closed circuit rebreather. Tribolube 71 and Tribolube 66 are O2 compatible in 100% O2 environments. This is not a retail thread as we are the manufacturer we are interested in those that might consider to become distribution networks for the product. I would like to thank you in advance for your interest and participation. If you email me I can send you the testing documents and technicals on the product, or point you in the right direction for a distributor that currently handles the product.

I just bought 2 new Worthington LP85's, Sea Elite manifold, and Highland bands -- my first set of doubles. I plan to assemble them tomorrow, but I am having a tough time finding Christolube locally. Is there a good alternative to Christolube that can be purchased at Home Depot or another store like that? Thanks for your suggestions.

Home depot? No.

A suggestion, phone your oxygen supply house and ask for Krytox oxygen compatible grease. Good stuff.

putting this here from thedecostop because I was curious where to buy Trobolube, and now I know:

Aerospace Lubricants has provided us with an alternative to the Christolube MCG-111. Tribolube-71 is a chemical match with the MCG-111, but at a slightly lower price. Of course, DiveSports.com has always been known for the best prices on oxygen safe grease, but here is an opportunity to save an additional couple of bucks.

Tribolube-71 O2 Safe Lubricant - 2 Ounce Tube or Applicator Syringe - Only $27.00 Each

For those who just want a small taste, or need a lubricant package for the safe-a-dive kit, we have also had a custom compact package made that contains 1/4 of the Tribolue-71 grease. Yours for only $6.00.

Tribolube-71 Compact - 1/4 Ounce - Only $6.00

Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to helping you with your oxygen safe lubricant.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom