Christmas in PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happybuddha

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is anyone else spending Christmas in Puerto Galera? I'll be there from 12/18 to 1/2 and if anyone else from the board will be in PG we should get together for a beer.

I can be found most evenings either in The Point bar or sometimes at the Atlantis bar. Look me up, just ask any of the staff for Drew, and I'll be having a birthday party in front of Tech Asia around 12/27 and you are welcome to drop by. Beers on me!

Maligayang Pasko at Bagong Taon Lahat!
(Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone)

Drew

Thanks for the great offer. I sure wish I could be there, I could just imagine the warm sea breeze on your face after each dive. Could you please have an ice cold San Mig for me?

May your dive days be filled with plenty of sunshine, calm seas, mild currents (just to keep the fish moving and the bangkero awake!), schooling hammerheads, whale sharks and mantas and may all your dives be no decompression dives (figured out why my joints started to feel funny the night of my last dive trip, I think it had something to do with too short a safety stop after 5 straight fairly deep dives!)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy Birthday.

happybuddha:
Is anyone else spending Christmas in Puerto Galera? I'll be there from 12/18 to 1/2 and if anyone else from the board will be in PG we should get together for a beer.

I can be found most evenings either in The Point bar or sometimes at the Atlantis bar. Look me up, just ask any of the staff for Drew, and I'll be having a birthday party in front of Tech Asia around 12/27 and you are welcome to drop by. Beers on me!

Maligayang Pasko at Bagong Taon Lahat!
(Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone)

Drew
maligayang kaarawan sa iyo!!!! (happy birthday to you!!!)

what f3nikon said! have a great dive and an even greater life ahead!

i miss having drinks at The Point... i got to know (although we didn't meet) the girl who i was to marry in galera - sabang specifically. did quite a few drinks at the point.

spent many happy memories there

the point's cool... btw, is michel's resto "Le Bistrot" still open? i haven't been back to sabang in 5 years and miss his sheu le creme and terrine and boeuf bourgigione soooooooo much - would it be a lot to ask you to take a peek? his place is in sabang somewhere behind the Big Apple resort (actually more behind cap'n gregg's). beside the Relax Thai Resto... if you haven't eaten there yet, i highly recommend the above items... the terrine is to die for... the boeuf is stupendous... he has this "heart of tenderloin" steak w/ bleu cheese that had me in tears and the sheu le creme is purely orgasmic...

and i shat you not!

mmmmmmmmm.... must visit galera soon... le bistrot is what you do after the dive and before you hike to the point... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Jag

OK, all you divers calculating the cost of a dive. Read this thread and you will find out more about diving in the Philippines - its the people, the food, and the diving - have a great trip Drew. We (Myr and I) may have a chance to stop by and say hello.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't reply to some of you for a few days, I've been busy finishing up my job in Tianjin, China and getting to PG. I'm starting a new job in Guangzhou after the holidays. Thanks for the birthday and holiday greetings.

Arrived last night about 11:30, traffic was thick on the South Super but we were always moving, never really completely stopped. Took about 3 1/2 hours to get from airport to Lea Beach (including pitstop at Starbucks at Southwoods :) ). Its a beautiful day here, sunshine and cool breeze. Today I'm just chilling and reading, tomorrow I'm starting a Recreational Trimix course just to see what that's all about.

Jag, I know Le Bistrot well, one of the best, if not the best restaurant on the beach. It is still around, though they moved to a better location a couple years ago. Now they are further along Sabang Beach to the east in the 2nd floor (1st floor to the Brits) of a building over looking Sabang Bay. Their balcony is a great place to have dinner.

Tom it would be great to meet up with. Are you working in PG? Which shop?

Drew

happybuddha:
Hi Guys,

Tom it would be great to meet up with. Are you working in PG? Which shop?

Drew
Hi Drew, No I don't work in PG, I live in Manila and manage a few companies around Asia. I just returned home (Makati) from Hong Kong, and now it looks like I have to be in Bangkok next week and may not make it to PG until mid Janaury. Hope you enjoy the break between jobs. I will write if we do get a chance to get down.

Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom