Christmas gift ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Higher budget: Waterfront condo in Cozumel

Lower budget: Gift certificate for Chipotle

I am easy to buy for...:santa3:

@Schwob - I googled scuba diver jewelry and found some nice charms. I have a silver one that I wear and love - in good trim. I also have a couple of charms that say "Breath in" and "Breath out". I got them after I had an incident during which I sort of panicked - to remind me to just breathe and remember my training. I love it. I have added other charms and wear them as a necklace.

What are some ideas for Christmas gifts for divers? Give us some ideas that are for higher budgets (couple hundred dollars or higher) and something for people with lower budgets.
Aloha Jessica, I just published an article in our University of Hawaii magazine on "How to Properly Shop for Dive Gear." I explain some of the questions that folks should be asking themselves before buying equipment (which might be remedial info to your experience). At the end on page 7 I listed my top 10 affordable dive gifts that you might find useful.

Hope that helps!

https://issuu.com/seawords/docs/december_2017December 2017 - Christmas Shopping.PNG

I think someone already mentioned this, but I want to say it again. Dive Gear Express is a great place to get dive lights (and other dive stuff) for very reasonable prices. Last year we got our non-diving son-in-law a light to use for hunting (and then had to get one for my husband - because that's just what happens around here.) :wink:

Bathing suits, can’t have too many

Bed and bath has these special towels for quick drying hair

Sunglasses straps for boat rides

Binoculars. For searching for divers that surface far from boat

Tiny wallets that just hold c-cards and tip money, like inserts for regular wallets or plastic or Vera Bradley has pretty ones. More elegant than a sandwich ziplock baggie.

Yes, can't have too many bathing suits, especially if you've left two in outhouses.

Yes, can't have too many bathing suits, especially if you've left two in outhouses.
Or just leave it at home and get to the dive site fully clothed (regular clothes) and discover no bathing suits. There is now one in my Save-A-Dive kit. :)

Cheers - M²

I think if you want to present something diving related, a gift card would be the best solution, just my opinion. My SO doesn't allow me to buy stuff like this as I am a complete noob lol. He prepares a surprise for me, and I am on to present him a remote control toy ( a car from this review 6 of the Best Electric RC Car in the Market ), but that's a secret. I was excited to watch video reviews on rc control vehicles, they're just mini copies of real cars, with same driving abilities. Concerning the gifts for girls, I think diving jewelry is amazing, I would be happy to wear something cute, too. Anyways all this is very personal, people are different and their tastes differ, too.

Back
Top Bottom