Chris Sawyer, Red Hook, Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping someone would get here before me, but no one did...

Chris Sawyer has closed his Red Hook location. He is still currently operating out of the Wyndam Sugar Bay and Caneel Bay, St. John locations.

Losing Chris's store in Red Hook is a blow to the diving community here and he will be sorely missed. I wish him luck in all future endeavors.

Rachel

P.S. There is a rumor flying around that the location will re-open under new ownership in November or so. Good luck to those folks as well.

So does anyone else do the daytrip to the Rhone now?

Well that sucks. I always used Bruce w/ Dive In, only because they were closer to the condo where I like to stay., but I have been in shop many times for different stuff. It was nice to have there on that end of the island.

For now no one on St. Thomas is diving the Rhone although we've talked about it, it won't happen for a little bit at least. On St. John, Low Key is doing the Rhone on Thursdays and Cruz Bay Watersports on Fridays, or vice versa, or all that may have changed. It was something like that last I checked anyway.

But yeah... suck.

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom